The Final Countdown

Lindsay Bandyk, Staff Writer

The whole “get me out of here” mentality is without question unwavering for the senior class of 2017, overly anticipating “a life without rules or boundaries,” said senior Maddy Krahn. Transitions of any kind are known to be difficult; but this one, this one is invigorating. Will the seniors actually miss the halls of Forest Hills Northern? Homecoming queen, Shade Moore, certainly will, stating, “Most of all I will miss my friends who are continuing their education at other colleges, and I obviously will miss the pride of Northern”.  Friends, spirit, and sports teams are the most overwhelmingly common responses from the 2017 senior class when asked what they will miss the most about high school. Though this doesn’t come as much of a surprise considering how the diversity and friendships they have made will last a lifetime. Senior Emily Tatman also touched on diversity, “I think that diversity is one of the best qualities we have at Northern, especially in comparison to other high schools in the district. I am hoping that it will be as prevalent in my college life.” Overall, the whole process of leaving  high school will be bittersweet. For some, the need to leave high school is almost suffocating, and for others, the more and more they think they are ready the less prepared they actually feel to move on the next chapter of their life. Whether it be college, work, or simply a break for a while, not seeing those who we’ve see everyday will be devastating. So yes, Northern will be missed, and our blood will always run husky blue.

• The Final Countdown

Showcase

Can You Dig it?

• The Final Countdown

Community

Chain Reaction

• The Final Countdown

Opinion

The Car Ride To College

• The Final Countdown

News

What do Teachers do that We Can’t Always Observe

• The Final Countdown

Showcase

Freshies

• The Final Countdown

News

Let’s Talk Business

• The Final Countdown

News

What is Gone Boarding?

• The Final Countdown

Showcase

Can You Dig it?

• The Final Countdown

Community

Chain Reaction

• The Final Countdown

Reviews

The Art of Air

The Final Countdown