Can You Dig it?

Riley Kwiatkowski, Staff Writer

February 8th, 2017 is a day that will go down in history as the biggest smackdown ever. That’s right, you heard it here first. The notorious senior boys took on the all too confident junior boys in the powder puff volleyball match of the century.

The time was 2:15, the bleachers were full, there were 15 minutes on the clock, and the seniors had first serve. With the “tweet” from Mrs. Allers’ whistle, the game began. Tyler Black was the first server for the seniors. He was able to rack up four points before the juniors got the ball back. This was short lived though as Charlie Wade got feisty at the net and blocked Isaac Nelson’s hit. The seniors were then up 5-1 with 12 minutes left on the clock. The juniors really struggled with being in the net, while the seniors were passing dimes. As time dwindled down, the seniors began to take the lead. First they were up by 5, then 10, and then 15. The first half ended with the score 27-10 and the seniors dominating.

Both teams huddled up and had a quick strategy session before the second half began. With both teams on the court, it was now the juniors turn to initiate the game with a serve. The serve flew over the net with lots of pace, but that was no problem for Blake Hedges. He passed a perfect ball to the center of the court that Chase Morello was able to set up for the seniors’ most feared player, Michael Gumbko. He jumped as high as he could and slammed the ball down on the juniors side. The senior student section erupted in cheers as the seniors got the first side out. Both teams battled back and forth, wanting to prove they were the superior class. However, with five minutes left on the clock the seniors were winning 39-21. It looked as if the game was basically over, but that didn’t stop the senior boys from continuing to rattle off points. The score was 42-24 when the clock struck two minutes. The fire hadn’t left the boys and they put everything they had into those last two minutes. The senior student section began to countdown, “10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2…1!” Cheers erupted from around the gym in honor of the senior boys’ victory. Although the final score may have been only a 46-24 win for the seniors, it was nothing compared to the bragging rights that came with it. A good game was played by all.

• Can You Dig it?

Community

Chain Reaction

• Can You Dig it?

Opinion

The Car Ride To College

• Can You Dig it?

News

What do Teachers do that We Can’t Always Observe

• Can You Dig it?

Showcase

Freshies

• Can You Dig it?

News

The Final Countdown

• Can You Dig it?

News

Let’s Talk Business

• Can You Dig it?

News

What is Gone Boarding?

• Can You Dig it?

Community

Chain Reaction

• Can You Dig it?

Reviews

The Art of Air

• Can You Dig it?

Opinion

Mr. Triple Double

Can You Dig it?