A Man

Carson+Cencich
Back to Article
Back to Article

A Man

Carson Cencich

Carson Cencich

Carson Cencich

Carson Cencich

By: Oscar Benson

Forest Hills Northern High School student Carson Cencich is an aspiring rapper and an expert fly fisherman. At school, he’s involved in Gone Boarding, and he got invited to go to California to tour the Vans’ headquarters.

His favorite subject is science.  “I feel like it’s the most relevant class this school has to offer.” He’s currently taking AP Environmental science and would strongly recommend it to anybody interested in taking a science class that teaches about the environment.

His favorite activities include snowboarding at Cannonsburg and spending time fishing on the Coldwater River in Caledonia. “There’s nothing more exciting than hooking up with a big rainbow trout.”  Right now he’s looking into opening up his own guide service.

Carson plans to attend GRCC in the fall of 2019 where he’ll be involved in the welding program. After college, he plans to work with his dad as a welder in at his dad’s shop, Whirlwind, Inc.

Carson gets to school every day in a blue Toyota FJ cruiser that he bought last summer. “My car will go absolutely anywhere on and off the road.”

At home, he enjoys watching the TV show series “Rick and Morty” as well as playing video games such as “Battlefield V.”

This past fall Carson was involved with the Varsity Tennis Team, which he has done all four years of high school. He also did crew his sophomore year when he went to Canada for Nationals.

Carson´s mom, Susan Shaw, is a lead news anchor for wood TV8, so he gets to have the inside scoop of what goes on in Grand Rapids every week.

Carson Cencich is a student at FHN who gets involved at school and is an avid outdoorsman.