Twin Takeover at Northern

Back to Article
Back to Article

Twin Takeover at Northern

Kylie and Megan McGinnis

Kylie and Megan McGinnis

Kylie and Megan McGinnis

Kylie and Megan McGinnis

By: Rachel Chadwick

Having a twin can be quite the challenge, but sophomore twins Megan and Kylie McGinnis don’t seem to have any trouble.

The McGinnis twins spend all six hours together at school along with gymnastics practice after school. Getting along has not been a problem for them because they don’t get much of a break from each other.  

“We don’t fight that much, but when we do it is usually about homework,” says Kylie.

The twins find many advantages to having all six classes together. They can bounce ideas off of each other at home, and if one doesn’t understand, she can count on the other to help.

Growing up with a twin has been quite the experience for the McGinnis’s. Luckily, they got some first-hand tips from their mom and grandma who are also twins. Knowing all of the ins and outs of having a twin has been very helpful for McGinnis’s to the point where they are each other’s best friends.

“The best part about being a twin is that you have a built-in best friend for life, and you can share clothes,” says Kylie.

High school is about halfway over for them, and they both have intentions to finish their secondary school experience with good grades and involved in a school sport or club. Both McGinnis’s are involved in club gymnastics where they practice five days a week, four and a half hours a day, so much of their after school time is put into gymnastics and homework.

Megan says a typical day looks like this, “We wake up, go to school, go right to gymnastics, come home, eat, shower, and do homework.”

With college in the back of their heads as they near the end of sophomore year, McGinnis’s will need to make a very hard choice about where they go to school. Megan has her heart set on Alabama, but Kylie is unsure about what the future holds for her, and if it involves leaving her best friend or not.

For now, the McGinnis twins are going to enjoy the rest of high school. Who knows, maybe we will see them on the gymnastics team next year.