Fear The Husky!

Alec Avery, Staff Writer

The Pioneers were unable to tame the Huskies in a thrilling three-point victory to mark the turning point in FHN’s season.

Spencer Robertson showed up ready to play, putting up a total of 14 points. “Robertson has been performing this year”, coach Black tells me, “he plays with confidence, and finishes strong. He’s a key player who we’ll need later in the postseason.” Sam Schellenberg, Austin Vitale, and Devon Moore also had noteworthy performances.

Arriving at the Forest Hills Northern gym as an away basketball team is both intense and intimidating… Fans cheering, chants arising, and parents screaming encompass the stadium; you can literally hear the roar from the parking lot. It was obvious the Huskies got in the Pioneers’ head, for they pounced early and left EGR wounded at the end of the first quarter. “Our plan was to catch them off guard,” senior Nick Brown tells me, “We succeeded, and if it weren’t for the early start, I’m sure it would’ve been a much more difficult game.” Northern was up 27 – 23 at the half, but the team wasn’t quick to call it a win quite yet.

Leading in points throughout the game, it looked as if Northern would finish EGR off with ease. The Pioneers thought differently. With a score of 34-44 FHN going into the fourth quarter, Northern let their guard down and EGR started to cut the lead. “I wasn’t afraid,” says Nick Brown, “I knew we’d put the effort in to get it done in the end.” The Huskies were only down by three in the final minute. The gym was electric! Every Northern fan was chanting at the top of their lungs, giving Northern the swag they needed to dominate EGR. The Huskies shut down the Pioneers in the last minute, cementing their first win of the season. The fans went wild! Everybody was on their feet, applauding the effort of the Northern ballers.

The Northern Huskies have a long season ahead, and the postseason is looking very difficult based off of the performances of the other teams in the conference. Despite all of the criticism following the team, the Huskies hopes are unbound by any forces. “I mean, students from other schools tell us that we won’t even make the playoffs,” says Nick, “but we all know to keep our heads up and ignore the hate. We’re state championship contenders, no matter what anybody says.”

• Fear The Husky!

Showcase

Can You Dig it?

• Fear The Husky!

Community

Chain Reaction

• Fear The Husky!

Opinion

The Car Ride To College

• Fear The Husky!

News

What do Teachers do that We Can’t Always Observe

• Fear The Husky!

Showcase

Freshies

• Fear The Husky!

News

The Final Countdown

• Fear The Husky!

News

Let’s Talk Business

• Fear The Husky!

News

What is Gone Boarding?

• Fear The Husky!

Showcase

Can You Dig it?

• Fear The Husky!

Community

Chain Reaction

Fear The Husky!