Rangers on the Run

Jeremy Ellis, Staff Writer

Basketball,  a very technical sport with simple yet numerous rules, entertains millions of people daily through professional games, but mostly over the millions of TVs sitting in living rooms. Northern’s J.V. basketball team brought to us entertainment and pride in their game against the Rangers.

The bleachers were filled with many parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, as well as a few students. The anticipation for the game to start is thick like a Wendys frosty. As the game starts, so does the cheering and excitement from the spectators as every point scored creates a wave of “whoos” and a round of applause. For a J.V. team, it seemed to be a good turnout; not like a friday night home football game, but more like a pack of Huskies on the clan hunt.

Central definitely brought their “A game”; they kept a strong defense and forced Northern to give up the ball more than once. After a few quick breakaways from Central, Northern needed to step up their game, slow their pace and get a better grip on the ball.

Throughout the game, the score remained close as the rivals took turns moving the ball to their basket; however, near the end of the game, Northern grabbed some quick points to obtain a lead over Central.

After the last buzzer, the game ended at 57-49 with the win awarded to our determined Huskies. Like all of the FHN sports teams, our J.V. basketball team dedicates their time on and off the court to practicing and conditioning in order to conquer everyone who may block their line of fire.

Thanks to Coach Vermeulen, in the following years most current J.V. players will be playing varsity and will create an unstoppable Northern Varsity basketball squad. Due to team chemistry, conditioning and the technicality of the team, they should have no problems taking down their competition in the future. Huskies hunt in packs and that what this team is; it is evident through their chemistry and respect for one another. Knowing this, the most important result is not how well they played, but how much fun they had along with what they learned from the game.

• Rangers on the Run

Showcase

New Bag Rule

• Rangers on the Run

Showcase

Do you need help with College Applications?

• Rangers on the Run

News

The Truth About The Notorious “Banned Books”

• Rangers on the Run

Showcase

Varsity Soccer, Single Loss Season

• Rangers on the Run

News

What do Teachers do that We Can’t Always Observe

• Rangers on the Run

Showcase

Freshies

• Rangers on the Run

News

The Final Countdown

• Rangers on the Run

News

Let’s Talk Business

• Rangers on the Run

News

What is Gone Boarding?

• Rangers on the Run

Showcase

New Bag Rule

Rangers on the Run