Northern’s Little Nexus

Eli Paparella, Staff Writer

The boards are stacked, Haley just sank a three pointer and the crowd is going crazy for more. Welcome to Northern Basketball: J.V. Girls Edition.

Yes, even at this level of play, Northern brings immense pride and joy to the stands as their “Little Golden Girls” go out and play whichever team is next on the roster. The fans for the girls even state that this years team is “Set for greatness!” Mr. Kuhn commented, father of 15 year old player Haley Kuhn. He also stated that it is crazy to see such impressive skills at a J.V. level.

‘In the upcoming years, it is becoming apparent that we must keep an eye on Varsity; once these girls make their way to the top of the selection, this particular group of girls will be unstoppable,” head coach Mr. Meyers commented.

This all became apparent after being a spectator of their game. The girls worked together in a way that seemed to effortlessly flow. Plays were made with little to no physical communication and the points on the board portrayed the team’s experienced nature. The crowd was vibrant as well. At times, I felt that I could have been witnessing a team of a much higher caliber than Junior Varsity. They ended that particular game against Central High School up 56-36.

“We came together as a whole and demonstrated what we are really about,” star player Racheal Weiss commented after the game.

Yes, the team is making waves, boasting a current record of 12-3, only losing to some of the most select teams in West Michigan. The team also strives to maintain a positive attitude, even when facing the loses that sometimes inevitably must occur.

To top it all off, the current roster for the team also holds some of the most endearing compassion and love for eachother known to Northern; the girls really fight for not only the win but for each other.

I am very excited to see the outcomes of this season and am even more anticipating watching the girls Varsity games in a few years when we get to see this same group of girls on the big court. I have nothing but high hope and kind regard for this team.

• Northern’s Little Nexus

Showcase

New Bag Rule

• Northern’s Little Nexus

Showcase

Do you need help with College Applications?

• Northern’s Little Nexus

News

The Truth About The Notorious “Banned Books”

• Northern’s Little Nexus

Showcase

Varsity Soccer, Single Loss Season

• Northern’s Little Nexus

News

What do Teachers do that We Can’t Always Observe

• Northern’s Little Nexus

Showcase

Freshies

• Northern’s Little Nexus

News

The Final Countdown

• Northern’s Little Nexus

News

Let’s Talk Business

• Northern’s Little Nexus

News

What is Gone Boarding?

• Northern’s Little Nexus

Showcase

New Bag Rule

Northern’s Little Nexus